Recommendations For Better Sleep:
- Go to sleep and wake up at regular hours. A routine in bedtime and waking-up hours is of great importance.
- According to research, the best sleep time is between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am and the most effective hours of sleep is 7-8 hours.
- Maintain a quiet, dark and preferably cool, but comfortable sleep environment.
- Remove noisy and bright clocks from your bedroom: ticking and luminous dials can easily prevent you from falling asleep.
- Avoid physical activity in the late evening hours. Exercise should be done at least 2 hours before going to bed.
- Avoid drinking coffee, alcohol and smoking close to bedtime.
- Do not eat a heavy meal or drink any beverages excessively before going to bed.
- Do not sleep during the day except for a short nap.
- Take warm baths, listen to soft music or engage in other relaxing activities leading up to bedtime.
- If you wake up during sleep, do not try to force yourself back to sleep. The more you try to fall asleep, the more your arousal level will increase, and falling asleep will become even more difficult.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
TMJ, Head & Neck Pain Center would love to meet you and your family and provide you with the Sleep Apnea & TMJ care you need to give you the well being you deserve!